This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to submit your criminal record check electronically (applies to both basic and enhanced).
Please Note: You must read and follow the email instructions from CharityVillage carefully and action as soon as possible to avoid any delays in the hiring process. Please follow the instructions to provide your Consent for the process and then proceed immediately to Step 2.
Step 1: You will receive an email from CharityVillage asking you to click the Review the Request button to provide consent to the organization you applied to and CharityVillage to continue with your file.
* For this tutorial, “CharityVillage Demo” is the organization requesting you to submit details for a Criminal Record Check. The name of the employer you applied to will appear in its place. *
Please Note: You must read and follow the email instructions from CharityVillage carefully and action as soon as possible to avoid any delays in the hiring process. To begin this process, you will need:
- 2 pieces of ID
- A Web Camera
Step 2: Adding details to your Candidate dashboard – Verifying your Identification through eID
You will be required to verify your ID through Electronic Identification (eID). eID utilizes a connection with an authorized Canadian credit bureau, such as Equifax or TransUnion, to generate out of wallet questions regarding credit history. If a credit file is located based on the information provided, four multiple-choice questions will be shown in the web application.
• If you answer 3 out of 4 questions correctly, your identity is verified.
• If you are not able to answer 3 out of 4 questions correctly after two attempts, you will be automatically directed to complete a LiveVideoID verification.
Once this process is completed, the criminal background search will begin. You will have access to your results and can export to PDF for your records. If you require to complete LiveVideoID, you need to proceed to Step 3.
Step 3: Uploading 2 Pieces of ID and verifying your Identity through LiveVideoID
To begin this process, please make sure you have ready
• 2 Pieces of ID
• A Web Camera
LiveVideoID Verification is the process when eID has failed or there is not enough credit history for questions to be generated for the candidate. LiveVideoID verification directs the candidate to connect with our Customer Success Team via chat. In connecting with our team, the candidate will be provided two options: a live video call or instructions for a smart device video recording. In either option, the candidate will be asked to show both their face and the two pieces of ID to the camera. Our Customer Success Team will then be able to determine if the IDs presented accurately belong to the candidate and verify their identity accordingly.
To begin this process you will see an overview of your file. The middle white box Identity Verification is where you upload your 2 ID’s – please click Upload.
One you click Upload; a pop-up screen will appear called ID Upload. You will be asked to select 2 different pieces of ID from a dropdown menu, input the ID number, and upload a clear photo of your ID document in the Click to Upload box. Please make sure ALL details are filled in correctly before you click Submit.
You will now see your uploaded information in the Identity Verification box. You will need to verify your identification. Please click the Verify button.
LiveVideoID verification directs you to connect with the ScreeningCanada Customer Success Team via chat.
In connecting with the team, you will be provided two options:
• A live video call or
• Instructions for a smart device video recording.
In either option, you will be asked to show both your face and the two pieces of ID to the camera. ScreeningCanada will then be able to determine if the IDs presented accurately belong to you and verify their identity accordingly.
Once this process is completed, the criminal background search will begin. You will have access to your results and can export to PDF for your records.
Still have questions?
Please email CharityVillage's Customer Service Representative (CSR), Samantha Schofield - firstname.lastname@example.org
ACCEPTABLE ID LIST of ID's for Step 3 of this process
PRIMARY AND SECONDARY ID (ID #1)
- Driver’s License (issued by Canadian province or territory)
- Foreign Driver’s License
- Canadian Passport
- Foreign Passport
- BC Driver’s Licence and Services Card
- Photo BC Services Card
- Permanent Resident (PR) Card
- Canadian Citizenship Card
- Secure Certificate of Indian Status Card
- Canadian National Institute of The Blind (CNIB) Identification Card
- Federal, Provincial or Municipal Identification Card
- Military Family Card
- Firearms Acquisition Certificate (FAC) or Possession/Acquisition License (PAL)
SECONDARY ID ONLY (ID #2)
- Provincial or Territorial Health Cards
- Government Employment Card
- International Student Card
- Age of Majority Card
- Birth Certificate
- Baptismal Certificate
- Non-Photo BC Services Card
- Hunting License
- Fishing License
- Boating License
- LCBO/Age of Majority Card
- Outdoors Card
- Hospital Card
- Canadian Blood Donor Card
- Immigration Papers
- Student ID
- City/Municipal Library Card
- Utility bill (water, electricity, taxes or Lease agreement showing both name and address will be accepted - to be used only in cases where the Applicant does not have a Secondary piece of ID).