1) Login to your CharityVillage employer account and click Background Screening Tools from the menu on the left hand side of the page.
2) Select the gear icon at the top right of the page and then OPTIONS.
3) Customize candidate experience/messaging after consent has been completed.
1. Automatically Redirect - Select this box IF you want candidates to be automatically directed to a specific web page of your choosing, without showing a message. Just make sure to fill in the URL in the "Button URL" field before clicking SAVE. You are not required to fill out the "Message Text" or "Button Text" field.
2. Message Text - Type the message you wish candidates to see once they have completed consent. To the right of this field, you will see a preview of how your message will look to an individual.
3. Button URL - Type or copy and paste the URL into this field you wish candidates to be re-directed to. Don't forget to add the full web URL that includes "http" or "https".
4. Button Text - Choose the text you want to appear on the button that an individual clicks to be redirected to the web page of your choosing.
When you're finished, click SAVE.
If you would like candidates to receive an email once they have completed all their consents, click the box beside “Send an email to candidates after completing all their consents.”
Please refer to the second screen shot below of what the email will say if you select this option.
5) Select "Receive notifications of sub-client files when completed" if you would like to received a notification once the requested checks (criminal and/or eReference) are completed on a candidate in a sub account.
This means, if you added another user to your background screening tools account and they have created their own criminal and or/eReference checks for one or more candidates, you can be notified once their file is completed.
6) Reminder email
To send a reminder email to candidates that need to complete their consent after a certain time frame, click one or more of the offered selections.
7) Retention Policy - Set up how long files remain active.
The retention policy aims to help keep your list of active files well organized. By utilizing this feature, our system will move any file that has been inactive for 30 days into the Archived section of your dashboard.
If the candidate returns at a later date, the file will automatically move back into the Active files section.
Archived files are always searchable and viewable until the final data retention period has passed.
Have questions? Click the red CHAT button located at the the bottom right of the screen!
Chat Hours: Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 9:00 pm EDT and Saturday and Sunday - 10:00 am - 6:00 pm EDT