There are a few different ways you can apply for volunteer listings on CharityVillage, it just depends which method the organization has chosen.
THREE WAYS TO APPLY FOR VOLUNTEER POSITIONS
1. Instructions included in volunteer listing on how to apply - The organization has indicated in the listing on how to apply. The most popular way is to send your resume and cover letter (if required) to a specific email address.
Therefore, when you click the orange APPLY button, it will bring you to the bottom of the listing and direct you to view the job description for the instructions.
2. Orange APPLY button will direct you to organization's website or a specific web page for you to apply.
You may come across volunteer listing that require you to apply via an organization's website OR a specific web page. Therefore, if you notice you have left the CharityVillage website after clicking the APPLY button, this is the reason why.
3. Orange APPLY button requires you to submit your application through the CharityVillage website. Your application will then go directly into the CharityVillage account of the Employer where they will review all applications.
ATTACHING A RESUME
You will be re-directed to the bottom of the page where there is a drop down menu called Choose or Upload Resume. This menu will allow you to either:
1. Upload a a new tailored resume from your computer to attach to the application. It will then be saved to your account under the RESUMES section of your profile.
2. Select a resume you already have uploaded to your account under the RESUMES section (found under the PROFILE section in the menu bar located to the left hand side of your job seeker dashboard). You will see the file name appear in the drop down menu.
ATTACHING COVER LETTER
The cover letter box allows you to type out a cover letter OR copy and paste an existing cover letter from a document, into the box.
If you would like to add or make changes to your candidate Profile, click EDIT PROFILE.
Please Note: Your chances of being selected for an interview will increase with the more information you have attached to your profile. You can update your Profile information at any time, and the information will automatically be reflected for ALL jobs you submitted previously.
You may come across volunteer listings that have questions for you to answer. These questions have been created by the organization and you must answer before you can submit your application. These may range from multiple choice to short answer questions, and will appear below the Cover Letter box.
Once you've submitted an application, two orange buttons will appear. One indicates the day you applied and the other says Manage Jobs. Click Manage Jobs to bring you to the job manager located in your account.
HOW TO FIND VOLUNTEER LISTINGS YOU'VE APPLIED TO OR SAVED TO YOUR PROFILE
The Job Manager stores all jobs or volunteer listings you've applied to and those that you may have started an application for, but decided to save it instead of submitting it. The status will say APPLIED if an application was submitted successfully, or RESEARCHING if you started one but did not submit it.
To apply to the volunteer listing that says RESEARCHING, click on it and then select VIEW VOLUNTEER POSTING. You will be redirected to the job listing where you click the APPLY button.
Please contact our National Help Desk at 1-800-610-8134 or email firstname.lastname@example.org