How do I request a basic or enhanced criminal record check?
To request a background check, please follow the instructions below:
Step 1: Click here and log in with your email address and the password you created for your account.
Step 2: Select the + Create button located at the top right of your screen.
Step 3: A menu will appear where you add the information about the candidate that requires a criminal record check.
1)Reason for this Search - Select either employment or volunteering from the drop-down menu.
2) Search Due Date -This is the deadline for the candidate to action the criminal record check request that you sent. By default, the date is set to 1 month in advance. Their invitation to complete the request will expire after the date selected.
3) Reference - This field is Optional. The Reference field tags files into clusters. You may use any text that is relevant to this specific group of candidates.
4) Cost Centre - This field is optional. The Cost Centre field is used to attribute certain candidates to hiring campaigns, so that you may associate the cost of hiring a candidate to a particular cost centre.
5) Candidate's First Name - Enter their first name.
6)Candidate Last Name - Enter their last name.
7) Candidate's email - Enter the email address you wish the criminal record check request to be sent to.
Facial Accreditation uses AI to verify the candidate’s identity (commonly used when you cannot verify a candidate's ID in-person). If Facial Accreditation fails, they will then have to complete a manual verification.
Manual ID verification is selected for instances when the Hiring Manager must be physically present with the candidate to manually verify their identity.
To review the differences between the two identify verifications, click here!
Step 4: Click the ‘+Create’ button at the bottom right to initiate the request.
Have questions? Please email email@example.com